Developing Children's Tranferable Skills For their Futures
Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement. -Swimmer Matt Biondi
Who We Are
Supporting Children from lower socioeconomic backgrounds with Education and Sports.
We are a charity organization based in Hammersmith and Fulham. We work with mothers and children from ethnic minority groups.
We work for the benefit of the public, specifically, mothers, children and young people to:
1) promote amateur sport activities which promote good health and wellbeing.
2. To advance the education of the beneficiaries in the subjects of numeracy, Maths
and Literacy skills
3. To advance the education of employment skills of the beneficiaries in the subjects
of IT, CV building, interview technique, job search and writing job applications
4. To promote social cohesion and reduce isolation of the beneficiaries through
recreational activities including outing, dancing and social clubs.
BAME children are less likely to take part in physical activities.
According to Sports England Children from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are less likely to take part in physical activities.
More than 57,000 children were surveyed about their exercise habits.
45% of children between the ages of five and 16 years old are active for at least 60 minutes a day. according to sports England.
When it comes to children from BAME backgrounds, the number reaching that national target is even lower.
— Our Mission
- provide children and young people with the opportunity to access particular sports.
- Address the barriers BAME children face whether it is cultural, lack of opportunity or motivation.
— Our Vision
To support Children
- Feel competent and confident with sport or exercise.
- Understand why it is good for them.
- Know how and where to get involved
- Enjoy being active and playing sport.
— Our Story
Working to empower our community and to contribute to their success through sport.